PTA Reflections is a nationally acclaimed student recognition program to encourage artistic creativity in the classroom and at home. Students of all grades and abilities may participate and explore the arts based on the 2018-2019 theme: Heroes Around Me.
Students may choose one or all of the available arts categories:
The arts—and the National PTA Reflections program—support student success and serve as a valuable tool for building strong partnerships in your school community. Celebrate arts learning in your school community with Reflections.
Each year, the National PTA Reflections program offers local, regional, state and national opportunities for young artists in PreK through Grade 12 to be recognized for their creativity.
Heroes Around Me will be featured as the 2018-2019 Reflections theme (theme search winner: Hannah Crawley of J.A. Garcia Elementary PTA, Corpus Christi, Texas.).
- Primary: Preschool – Grade 2
- Intermediate: Grades 3-5
- Middle School: Grades 6-8
- Special Artist: All grades welcome
- Interpretation: How closely the piece relates to the theme, based on the artwork itself and the artist statement.
- Creativity: How creative and original the piece is in its conception of the theme and its presentation.
- Technique: The level of skill demonstrated in the basic principles/techniques of the arts area.
Visit the 2017-2018 Reflections Gallery to see examples of entries from last year.
Student Entry Deadline at the Local level: Contact your Local PTA for their deadline for entries.
Advancing Entry Deadline at the Council/Regional level: Due Date for Allen ISD Reflections Submissions to Allen ISD Council of PTAs is Friday, December 14, 2018.
Advancing Entries to Texas PTA: Entries advancing to Texas PTA from the Council or Regional Coordinators must be received by 5:00 pm on January 15th. If the 15th falls on a weekend or a federal holiday, the acceptance date will extend to the following business day.
Advancing Entries to National PTA: Texas PTA advances selected entries no later than March 1.
The search is on for a future National PTA Reflections theme!
The Reflections theme changes every year, and we need your students’ suggestions! Each state selects five student theme suggestions to advance to national-level judging. National PTA then selects one exceptional theme to inspire creativity for the following year’s PTA Reflections program. The student winner will receive $100 and recognition at the Annual National PTA Convention!
There is no limit to how many different themes you can enter. When suggesting a theme, these are the items that judges take into consideration:
- Theme is unique, inspiring and unlike past program themes.
- Theme is focused without being too narrow or too broad.
- Theme is clear, concise and appropriate for all grade levels.
- Theme is applicable to all arts categories.
- Theme promotes PTA values.
- Theme is relevant in 2 years.
- Past themes and duplicate entries are not considered.
Reflections Theme Search Entry Form – Deadline for submittal is November 5, 2018
Results From the 2019-2020 Reflections Theme Search
Look Within is the winning theme submitted by Enashele Campbell, a Kindergartener from H. Guy Child Elementary PTA in Ogden, Utah! Enashele will receive a prize of $100 from National PTA.
Questions?? Contact email@example.com