Arts in Education Chair
Arts in Education is a long-standing priority for PTA, and working to incorporate the arts into daily learning contributes to growth and education of the whole child.
- Work with outgoing Arts in Education VP/Chair to review ongoing efforts and needed materials.
- Review the BASICS Arts in Education Resource Guide for detailed support and best practices.
- Become familiar with program requirements and guidelines of the Reflections program.
- Develop a Plan of Work and submit to the Executive Board for approval. View a Sample Plan of Work.
- Subscribe to Texas PTA's Arts in Education newsletter, The Review.
- Sign the Texas PTA Ethics/Conflict of Interest Agreement and submit to the Secretary.
- Complete both components of FOUNDATIONS Leader Orientation before October 15.
Duties at a Glance
- Ensure that your PTA is supporting access to the arts, year-round, by identifying monthly arts-related activities.
- Develop a plan to promote the Reflections program and recognize eligible, participating students.
- Ensure your PTA attains Active Status with Texas PTA by October 31 each year to be eligible for state-level Reflections judging.
- Promote cultural events in the community and surrounding areas.
- Network with PTA Arts in Education Leaders in your community to collaborate on common goals.
View the BASICS Arts in Education webinar below:
Questions?? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Arts in Education
Allen Independent School District
Check out the Allen ISD Council of PTAs Angel Membership Program!
These packages make it easy to join all the PTAs in Allen or join the Middle School and feeder
Our Angel Membership Program packages are a great option for community members, parents,
educators, alumni, and officials who want to support our PTAs in Allen!