Letter from the President
We made it through a very crazy year. I hope everyone has an opportunity to spend time with your families, rest and restore yourself. As we look forward to 2021-22, I know we are all hoping for a return to "normal" or much closer to normal. When you begin planning for the upcoming school year, remember the PTA mission: To make every childâ€™s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children. Ask yourself and your team if what you are planning meets this mission. If it doesn't, then it's time to re-evaluate. Change can be a really positive and re-invigorating opportunity for your PTA. Embrace it!
- The new board doesn't take office until the new fiscal year for your PTA. This information can be found in your By-Laws.
- Once the new board is in office, make sure to go to your bank and switch the signers on your bank account.
- The Financial Reconciliation must be completed before you can start writing checks. If you need help with your Financial Reconciliation, you can contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. We are happy to help!
- Start planning your year!
- Don't forget about LAUNCH! This is a great opportunity to get new ideas and meet other PTA leaders
Allen Council of PTA's Leadership Academy is an incredible opportunity to develop the skills and knowledge of our future PTA leaders, ensuring their long-term partnership and support of your campus. Nominations are now open for the 2021-2022 Leadership Academy Class. We ask that the president and incoming president confer with the school principal and PTA board to nominate up to 2 PTA members from your local campus. The link to nominate is HERE.
The participants will benefit from many invaluable training sessions to strengthen their skills and confidence in leading volunteers, as well as in-depth presentations from Allen ISD administration, Texas PTA, Allen ISD Council of PTA's, and other outside presenters. Participants are asked to attend ALL classes, as the information builds as the program progresses. (If more than one class is missed, the participant is encouraged to continue coming to Leadership Academy classes but will not officially graduate.)
The dates and times are listed here and are all currently scheduled to meet in-person at the Allen ISD STEAM Center:
Sept 9, 2021 from 8:30 am to 11:30 am
October 21, 2021 from 8:30 am to 11:30 am
December 2, 2021 from 8:30 am to 11:30 am
January 20, 2022 from 8:30 am to 11:30 am
February 24, 2022 from 8:30 am to 11:30 am
April 7, 2022 from 8:30 am to 11:30 am
The deadline to submit nominations is August 9th.
Thank you for your support!
If you have any questions please contact:
Jena Barocio or Helene St. Pierre
Financial Reconciliation - Secretary
Here are the Secretary's responsibilities for the Financial Reconciliation Committee. This committee will meet once your PTA year ends (over the summer) and will need to complete the reconciliation prior to anything going forward for 2021-2022.
You can find all the details, including guidelines for how to perform a financial reconciliation both virtually and in person here.
On this webpage you will find the list of items the secretary is to provide for the reconciliation: The outgoing Secretary presents the following records to be reviewed by the committee:
- Minutes from membership and executive board meetings (including presented financial reports, last Financial Reconciliation Report, Statement Review by Non-Signer forms, etc.)
- Current membership roster and executive board roster
- All bylaws, standing rules, and/or policies in effect during the period under review
- Confidentiality, Ethics, and Conflict of Interest Agreement
- Current contracts
Work with your treasurer on knowing who the chair of the Financial Reconciliation Committee is and how to get your binder to them.
Allen ISD Council of PTAs Secretary
Financial Reconciliation - Treasurer
The Home Stretch for us Treasurers in upon us. Now it is time to review your binders and make sure you have everything ready for financial reconciliation. Here is a link to the checklist of everything you will need to gather for a successful reconciliation. Here are some items to remember, to help get you started:
- Remind your board that check requests are due ASAP. (Some schools have a deadline in their standing rules).
- If you have any outstanding checks that haven't been deposit yet, reach out to those individuals and remind them to deposit the check.
- Organize your binders so that it is easy for the Financial Reconciliation Committee to navigate through them. Use Post-its to mark important documents.
- Prepare your 990 and submit a draft to the Financial Reconciliation Committee.
- Deliver your books to the Financial Reconciliation Committee.
Remember, you can always reach out to me if you have questions.
This is the end of my term as Treasurer but I am leaving you in good hands with Shannon Wu. It truly was a pleasure working with each and every one of you. Thank you for your hard work and dedication to our children.
Allen ISD Council of PTAs Treasurer
Thank you to all of the amazing families of Allen and to the Neighborhood Walmart at Exchange and Angel Parkway who supported our students and families this past year. We have been able to provide school supplies, hygiene and snacks (general and STAAR) to students across the district both in home and at school.
We are currently collecting school supplies again for next year. These lists will add to the items currently in our storage. Please click on the image below to donate!
Get creative this summer! Do you have a child that loves:
- Are they into film, photography or writing?
We've got just the thing for them! Get a jump start on next year's Reflections Contest! The 2021-2022 Theme is "I Will Change the World By..." We know they will change the world. Now they can use this opportunity to show us how they will through words, photography, music, dance, film and visual arts. Contest rules can be found on the Council's website. Local PTA Arts Chairpersons will be providing further details about submissions when we go back to school this fall. We can't wait to see all our kids' creativity!
Allen ISD Council of PTAs Arts in Education Chair, 2020-2021
Allen ISD Council of PTAs Arts in Education Chair, 2021-2022
Let's Play Ball!
The Allen ISD Council of PTAs is teaming up with the Frisco RoughRiders for a special family fun night at the ballpark. So mark your calendars for Saturday, September 11!
It's not only the final home stand of the RoughRiders season but also a chance for us to spotlight Allen and honor our 9/11 heroes. Allen Fire Chief Jon Boyd will throw out the First Pitch. And the Allen High School Marine JROTC will present the colors.
If you still have tickets from our canceled Spring 2020 game, please contact Alex Sandborn with the RoughRiders at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Allen ISD Council of PTAs 4th VP, Ways & Means, 2021-2022